By now, you should know what a sweet tooth I have. In fact, it’s not just a sweet tooth, it’s a mouthful of sweet teeth. I love it all: ice cream, cake, cookies, candy – you name it. When Heather wrote me a few weeks ago and I decided to spread this post over a few days, I figured I’d leave the “sweet treats” portion for a busy day. It’d be easy, right? Then I started to list everything and I realized just how hard it is to narrow the list to five items. Just five.
I’ve already covered things like the cupcakes and Dole Whips in my “cult favorites” post, so that should narrow it down a bit. So let’s jump right into it. Here are the must-do sweet treats at Disney:
- No Way Jose, Beaches and Cream: We first tried Beaches and Cream this past year. I can’t believe we went this long without trying it! As a peanut butter lover, I couldn’t wait to try this gigantic ice cream sundae. The No Way Jose features chocolate and vanilla ice cream drenched in peanut butter and hot fudge sauce, then topped with whipped cream and chocolate and peanut butter morsels. Surprisingly, I couldn’t finish it. I tapped out with about one scoop left. That’s how big this sundae is!
- Almond Crusted Cheesecake, Narcoossee’s: Seriously, it’s the best. It’s one of the most decadent desserts on property. Narcoossee’s has it all: amazing entrees, a great ambiance, intricate theming and a gorgeous view; and still, the cheesecake keeps me coming back. The almond crust combines perfectly with the tangy cheesecake for an amazing texture and taste. It’s served alongside a cherry compote, which adds just the right amount of tartness to complement the creaminess.
3. Carrot Cake Cookie, Hollywood Studios: Similar to a whoopie pie, the carrot cake cookie features cream cheese frosting sandwiched between two massive soft, cake-like carrot cake cookies. It’s a gigantic dessert that can certainly be shared. The cookies are always fresh and have a spiced taste to them, which complements the cream cheese frosting perfectly. It’s so rich and flavorful, making it the perfect meal-sized dessert!
4. Rice Krispie Treat, Almost Everywhere in Disney: Ever hear the saying “everything is better in Disney”? Well, it’s true, especially for this childhood staple. The krispie treats just taste better in Disney. They have a huge assortment of offerings when it comes to Rice Krispie treats. It’s topped with everything from chocolate to M&Ms or nuts. I’m a fan of the original, but sometimes I’ll go for the chocolate-dipped ears. You can find it pretty much anywhere in Disney, but the best spot is the confectionary on Magic Kingdom’s Main Street. They make them fresh every day – in fact, you can watch them do it!
5. Bread Pudding, ‘Ohana: This last one was tough. There’s so many awesome desserts and snacks at Disney, but this one takes the cake. The bread pudding at ‘Ohana is the result of french toast, bread pudding and bananas foster meeting and having one gorgeous hybrid child. The bread has a bit of a crust to it, but it’s so soft and creamy – like a pudding should be. Your server pours a warm, caramel and bananas sauce over the bread pudding and scoop of vanilla ice cream. Immediately, the ice cream starts to melt, combining with the sauce and the bread pudding. It’s a giant hodgepodge of deliciousness.
So there’s a list of my favorite desserts and sweet treats at Disney. What are some of your must-dos?